Useful References for CSE 300, Fall 2007
The following lists a number of other references that may be of
page provide good information for people new to Latex.
String algorithms and applications
1. The original Landau and Schmidt paper on tandem repeat detection can
be found from here.
2. Read this paper for a different perspective about trandem repeat, by
Gary Benson (PDF).
Multiple Sequence Alignment
Unfortunately, I could not find on-line links to one of the following
1. Pevzner's paper on improving the MSA approximation: can be found
2. Bafna, et al. improved the approxmation algorithm further in:
Approximation algorithms for multiple sequence alignment,
On multi-state perfect phylogeny
1. A Fast Algorithm for the Computation and Enumeration of Perfect
Sampath Kannan, Tandy Warnow, 1996.
2. A Polynomial-Time Algorithm for the Perfect Phylogeny Problem when
the Number of Character States Is Fixed (Link),
Richa Agarwala, David Fernández-Baca, 1994.